We reserve the right to edit the provisions of the Policy at any time. Notification of changes will be made via the last updated date or the addition of a statement to the homepage of the Website or through email. Members are encouraged to review the Policy regularly to ensure they understand the use of any personally identifiable information.
What is Personally Identifiable Information?
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to any information that identifies a person (i.e. name, username or email address), or information regarding a person that is directly linked to information that specifically identifies an individual. Personally, Identifiable Information does not include any data we collect regarding the aggregate use of the Service or about a group or category of services or users, or data where individual identities or other personally identifiable information has been reasonably removed.
What information do we collect?
The following information is collected by or on behalf of True Rewards:
1. Information you provide (active collection)
This may include:
- Personal information: Your name, email address, mobile phone number and other information you may voluntarily provide. True Rewards does not hold or store any financial information. Secure PCI compliant payment processors are used to process all transactions through the True Rewards website.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact True Rewards customer support, provide ratings or otherwise contact True Rewards.
2. Information created when you use our services (automatic collection)
This may include:
- internet protocol (IP) address (we may use this to approximate your location)
- unique device identifiers
- your device model and name
- your operating system
- your browser type
- your preferred language
- your activity on the Service
We may also automatically collect information such as how you use the features of our Service and information regarding the number, frequency and length of each session. This becomes personally identifiable information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above, but otherwise, it is used in de-identified form only.
We also collect information on the precise geolocation of your device with your consent. This can be disabled (please see “Your Choices” below). Information is also collected through “cookies” when you use the service. These are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. They enable us to improve the Service and your experience. If they are linked to any personally identifiable information, we will treat the information as personally identifiable information. Please refer to your browser should you wish to block, erase or be warned of cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies it may affect your experience of the service.
Cookies used by our partners, tracking utility company or Service Providers (defined below) are not covered by this Policy.
Web beacons may be used. These are small, invisible graphic images used on the Service or in emails from the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity, such as count visits, or to determine if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Personally identifiable information is stored on secure servers and may be stored and processed in Australia and other countries.
3. Information we collect from other sources
This may include:
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments
- Users requesting services for you or on your behalf
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers including social media platforms
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programmes
True Rewards may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession. This becomes personally identifiable information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above, but otherwise it is used in de-identified form only.
How Do We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect?
Information collected through the Service will be used for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service. This may include:
- Processing and completing transactions relating to the Service;
- Requesting feedback in regards to your use of the Service, its products or other companies, and other news and promotions we think will be of interest to you;
- Responding to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints so as to provide customer service;
- To monitor and analyse Service usage and trends;
- To perform analytics and to increase the Service’s functionality, market profile and user-friendliness;
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- To send notifications regarding important changes to the Service;
- Use for the purpose for which the information was collected; and
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, additional information about our products and services and support, and otherwise assist with your use of our Service.
What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We do not share your Identifiable Information with Third Parties other than as set out in this Policy or on the Service. Instances that we may share the information may include:
- With Consultants, Retailers, Social Networking service providers and other service providers engaged by or working with us in relation to the operation of the Service or the marketing of the Service who may require access to the information in order to carry out their work with or for us;
- With fraud prevention companies to assist us with preventing fraudulent or other illegal transactions;
- When you consent to this information to be shared;
- In a de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you;
- If we are lawfully authorised or required to do so in order to protect the rights, property or safety of True Rewards, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public;
- The enforcement or application of this Policy, our terms of service, or our other policies or agreements; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale, financing or acquisition of company assets where this information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of True Rewards.
You understand that in your use of the Service, any information that you provide or share with individuals through the Service will be available to other users and in some cases may be made publicly available.
We do not accept liability for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, and nor are we responsible for any information that you may provide directly to other users or third parties.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
Any changes to your details or cancellation of the Service can be corrected, updated or deleted by emailing customer support at help@True Rewards.com.au.
To request the deletion of an unauthorised account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information will be retained for as long as the account is active or as needed to provide the Service. Your information will be used as necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Enquiries regarding personally identifiable information currently stored by True Rewards or other privacy matters can be directed at email@example.com.
Data Breach Procedure and Response Plan
In the event True Rewards experiences a data breach, True Rewards will follow the Data Breach Procedure and Response Plan. A data breach involves the loss of, unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, personal information. Once determined and if necessary, relevant persons will be notified of any breach and appropriate measures taken.
We will request your friend’s contact information if you elect to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Service. We may use telephone numbers, email addresses, Facebook and other social networks to invite friends to use the Service. This contact information is stored in order to invite your friends to use the Service and to track the success of our referral program.
Links to Other Websites
Security – What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
Reasonable measures are taken to protect your personal information in order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and destruction. Please be aware that you are responsible for all uses of your mobile device by any person and we advise to add a passcode lock on your mobile device at all times. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account has been misused, and if you have any questions regarding the security of our service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising & Analytics Services
Third-party networks may be used to display advertising within our service and across the Internet. This includes the use of Web beacons, cookies and other technologies to gather information regarding your activities on our service, and it allows us a better understanding and enables your use of the service. Your collected information may be used to provide you or others with targeted advertising based upon your or their interests.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Promotional Communications: You may select to unsubscribe from marketing or promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages or through emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt-out, you will still be sent non-promotional messages such as messages relating to your account, previous transactions or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies: Most web browsers will accept cookies by default, or you may set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. This may affect the availability and functionality of our service.
Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.